What to Expect on Sundays
- On your first visit, you will be warmly welcomed, offered a nametag, and given an opportunity to provide some basic contact information.
- From September through June, we have Adult Discussion Group at 9:30 am and a service we call a "Celebration of Life" at 11:00 am.
- During July and August, we have only a Discussion Group/abbreviated service which meets at 10:30 am.
- We have only one ritual – the lighting of our symbol, a flaming chalice, as we begin our services or meetings, when appropriate.
- We dress casually: “business casual” is the norm, but please feel free to come as you are. You will even see some Bermuda shorts on hot days. This is Florida, after all!
Our Adult Discussion groups, held at 9:30 a.m. from September through June, are based on current topics of interest. These sessions can be quite lively, and never dull.
At our Celebration of Life services, we share joys and sorrows, sing hymns, have a responsive reading, hear a sermon, usually delivered by a minister, but sometimes by a layperson.
On the last Sunday of every month, we have a potluck lunch. Everyone is encouraged — but not required — to bring a dish to share, and there is always lots of delicious food available.
Although we are primarily an adult congregation, we have several families with young children and are excited about our newly developing Religious Education (or Exploration) sessions for children.