1. There is a wheelchair available in the pantry if anyone needs it. It has been asked that it only be used for real needs, because only one is available.
2. Candi Tipton will be offering training sessions in the Chalice Children’s Room May 20th 9:30-10:30 for anyone interested in becoming a leader/assistant leader for children (infants-5th graders). Please, attend this brief session to share your talents & time by becoming a volunteer in this important part UUCLC.
3. Help UUCLC get enough chairs for our growing congregation! We still need 11 more red chairs ($100 each) and 14 more black chairs ($25 each) to meet our goal and order the chairs. See the Giving Tree in the Social Hall to get donation form and envelope. Give donations and form to Stu Anderson, treasurer. Thank you for contributing to UUCLC.
Sunday—— Covenants with Technology 5 p.m
Monday—— Meditation at 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Tuesday——Tai Chi at 8:45-9:45 a.m. Members only
WRaP at 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Weds——— Women’s Covenant Circle 10 am.-12 p.m.
Thursday—- Science & Rationality 10:30 a.m.- 12 p.m.
ONGOING CLASSES AND GROUPS
Tai Chi for Health by Chris Cleveland
Tuesdays from January 9-May 22 (no class March 27), 8:45-9:45 am, in Social Hall
Learn a gentle movement routine done standing or seated. You can join anytime, and get caught up. Tai Chi helps to improve balance, posture, mental focus, blood pressure and arthritis pain.
Circuit Circles: Covenants with Technology-Tristan Blalock
2nd, 3rd, 4th Sundays, 5-7 pm in Social Hall (1-2 hrs, flexible)
Examining concepts of modern science and technology to understand the purpose, function, and philosophy within them.
These are 3-part monthly lessons on technology concepts include:
1. Interactive activity, with examples and dialog.
2. 2.Technical discussion on details.
3. 3. Philosophy, free and respectful discussion on merits, pitfalls and challenges of technology
May Lessons-001: Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency
Check the calendar at lakecountyuu.net for more information.
Send announcements for next Sunday by Wednesday to Shainah at email@example.com
Old announcements are italicized for your clarification.
Care and Connect Commitee :
Rev. Tracie Barrett-Welser 863-206-9086 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lois Sanford 352-801-7683 email@example.com
Debbie Miller 352-315-4234 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact them if they can help you.