Becoming a Member
What Are Some Advantages of Membership?
- Belong to a community of people who care for each other and the planet.
- Enjoy our lifespan religious education programs, designed to open up new ways of thinking and engaging your spiritual and religious life.
- Vote at congregational meetings and be truly valued for your personal gifts and talents.
- Engage in our social groups, gatherings, and fun family adventures.
- Develop in an environment that encourages and nurtures your spiritual exploration and a free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- Sponsor approved special events, classes or meetings using the UUCLC building.
- Access to a special Member section and the UUCLC Member Photo Directory.
UUCLC offers three orientation classes several times a year.
Orientation 1: This class covers the history of Unitarian Unitarianism and the principals on which our church is based. The church’s committees and activities as well as UUCLC’s own history are also covered. This class is open to anyone new to UUCLC or anyone who has been with us for some time and would like to know more about UU. Visitors are encouraged to attend so they can get to know more about us. For those who are interested in membership, this is the first step in the path to membership.
Orientation 2: In this class we ask each person seeking membership to share a little about their own personal journey that has led them to UUCLC. The meaning of Covenant is explored. Presentations are made by a committee member about the governmental and financial structure of UUCLC. It is an opportunity to ask questions about the church and its functions.
Orientation 3: This class explains the importance of pledging and of sharing your time and talents. We talk about the significance of the Fifth Principle and what it means to sign the Membership Book if you should choose to become a member.