Notice to the members of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lake County:
The Board of Trustees voted to move the date of our Annual Meeting to April 14,. The meeting will take place immediately after our worship service. All congregation members and friends may attend, but only members may vote. A catered lunch will be served after the meeting.
Slate of Officers
The Nominating Committee is announcing the following slate to fill upcoming Board of Trustee vacancies:
Vice President: Pete Conde
Trustee: Suzie Lockwood
Second Trustee: Janeane Reagan
Treasurer: currently no nominee
Secretary: currently no nominee
If you are interested in submitting your name for Treasurer or Secretary, please contact the Nominating Committee (Chris Higgins, Phyllis Gillette, or Russ Littlefield). If you plan on nominating someone from the floor at the Annual Meeting for any open Board position, that person must be notified beforehand and agree to the nomination.
Absentee and proxy voting absentee ballots will be accepted per the UUCLC By-laws. There are two ways you may receive an absentee ballot:
- You may pick up a paper ballot during Sunday worship service on any Sunday prior to the annual meeting. Please be sure to have your completed ballot turned in prior to start of the Annual meeting (before 12 noon on April 14th).
- You may request an electronic ballot which will be sent as an attachment to email. The completed ballot may then be returned via email but must be received no later than 9pm on April 13th. Requests for an electronic ballot need to be sent to: President@lakecountyuu.net
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE A VOTING MEMBER TO BE QUALIFIED TO VOTE. A VOTING MEMBER IS “any MEMBER who has attained the age of eighteen (18) and has been a Member of the Congregation for at least ninety (90) days. Only Voting Members may vote at congregational meetings.”
To be a Member a qualified person must be, “… 18 years or older; by Demonstrating sympathy with its purposes and program; Supporting it through financial and/or personal participation; Signing the membership book.”
Anyone who has become an official UUCLC Member by January 13th, 2019 will be eligible to vote. Members who joined January 14th, 2019 or later will not be eligible to vote at this annual meeting per the by-laws.
If you are unsure of your Membership status and/or your Voting Member status, please send an email with your inquiry to: President@lakecountyuu.net
Agenda for the Annual Meeting:
- Call to Order (no later than 12:15pm)
- Chalice lighting
- Centering/Gathering words
- Welcoming the Congregation
- Recognition of Volunteers
- Proposed 2019-2020 Budget and Pledge Drive Kick-Off
- Election of new members to the Board of Trustees- VOTING MEMBERS ONLY MAY VOTE
Lunch to follow!
Please stay for lunch to meet our new UUCLC administrator, Johanna Gonzalez. She will be joining us for the Annual Meeting luncheon and looks forward to meeting everyone.